Communications, Media and Technology practice
Junior Consultant (Analyst) > Project Management Officer (PMO), UX Lead and Marketing Expert
(2 years, 2011-2012, full-time)
- Company: Accenture is considered around the world as the most prestigious and the most admired consulting firm in the global IT business. Accenture is the largest consulting firm in the world with $31 billion net revenues in 2015 and 373 000 employees serving clients (including 94 of the Fortune Global 100) in more than 120 countries.
- Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture offers consulting services and solutions in Strategy, Management, Digital, Technology as well as Operations/Outsourcing Services (like Cloud and SaaS solutions, especially for CRM systems, Sales Force Automation, Social Media Marketing, Analytics, Big Data and Predictive Analytics in partnership with Salesforce.com, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and Adobe) underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network.
- As the number 1 company for Media Management in the world, auditing $14 billion of advertising spending per year globally, Accenture has the world’s largest single consolidated database in marketing and media analytics including advertisers/brands, creative agencies, media planning agencies, marketing budgets, ad spends, ad prices, CPI, CPM, PPC, CPC, PPA, CPA, campaign outcomes, ROI,… in both traditional (radio, TV,…) and digital media (SEA, display, programmatic advertising, RTB,…).
- I served the CMT practice of the Paris office with only Communications, Media and Technology clients: advertising agencies, major record labels, video sharing platforms, e-commerce websites/apps, software companies, television channels (for example: TF1, CANAL+), telecommunications operators and Internet service providers (for example: Orange, SFR, Bouygues), European aerospace and defense groups (for example: EADS/Airbus, Safran, Thalès).
- During the BD (Business Development) stage, presales and launch phase: I was acting as PMO (Project Management Office) in charge of international team coordination (senior executives/managing directors, managers, financial modeling consultants, technological experts,… located all around the world) in order to answer RFI (Request For Information) or RFP (Request For Proposal) from Fortune 500 or CAC 40 Key Accounts. These multiannual consulting and outsourcing contracts usually represented hundreds of millions of euros each. I was assisting Accenture Senior Executives or Managing Directors (« Partners » in other firms) by preparing, writing and editing business proposals in English or French and participating in negotiations with C-level clients (CEOs, CSOs, CFOs, COOs, CBOs, CMOs, CTOs, CIOs, CDOs) requiring excellent customer relationship management skills, professionalism, adaptability, flexibility, influence and diplomacy.
- My Accenture engagements for CMT clients included simultaneously:
- Management Consulting for performance improvement projects – SME (Subject Matter Expert) interviews on the client site, workshop facilitation, business requirements, gap analysis, market intelligence, marketing analytics, data crunching, competitor analysis, benchmarking, strategy, international expansion, marketing strategy, positioning, branding, marketing mix, product development, innovation, portfolio management, offer pruning (telco), business process analysis and design (BPM, BPI, BPO) and change management.
- Technology Consulting for digital transformation projects – streamlining, digitization and automation of business processes, digitization and outsourcing of services like CRM, payroll and IT maintenance, digitization and automated distribution of creative content for media and record companies. I played the role of PM (Project Manager), CX Lead (customer experience), customer process owner (customer journey optimization and purchase funnel improvement) and/or UX Lead (User Experience) during the conception, development, testing, implementation and delivery of CRM, unified e-CRM or Social CRM systems (including new marketing softwares/SaaS, e-commerce websites, mobile apps and analytics solutions) within the larger framework of a new IS (Information System), a new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) or new big data, BI (business intelligence), predictive analytics or cloud computing technologies and tools designed and delivered by my Accenture colleagues.
- Everyday international environment involving virtual teams, cultural awareness and cross-cultural management. Especially with the delivery centers in Mauritius and India (where the developers and testers I managed were based) and with some consultants in the US and Italy (where the technological experts of the European Accenture Innovation Center for Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment and High Tech are located).